Hello! Here before you is the obligatory and awkward first post. Welcome to my blog where I’ll share what I’m reading, what I’m loving, honest book reviews, how I related to the characters and what I took from the book, what I’m passionate about, and maybe a bit of original writing.
Fun facts about me:
- I learned to read when I was 3. I thought I could do anything once I learned to read and I was mostly right. Except grow… I’m 5’0
- I went to a small private school and their first library was in the janitor closet. I spent a lot of hours sitting in there reading. I still love the smell of Pine Sol.
- They finally noticed I was spending too much time in the broom closet, I took a test and skipped 3rd grade. I didn’t find this out until breakfast before my first day of 4th grade. Surprise with a big bowl of Wheaties!
- I’ve spent 20 years in finance a.k.a a male dominated industry.
- Reading is my escape from work, momming, kid taxi service, and the general WTF’ery of my life.
- My dream job: writing full time with a healthy side of reading and traveling.
- Coffee, water, Diet Coke, and bourbon… in that order (most of the time)
- I have strong feminist tendencies. See: working my industry and raising a daughter.
- I struggle with depression, anxiety, and PTSD and believe that no one should struggle alone.
- My husband Steve is amazing and puts up with my book hoarding tendencies in exchange for all the gadgets and electronics he buys.
- We have two beagles, Buddy & Gus, who don’t know how to read but listen to more than their fair share of rants. They will appreciate this new outlet.