Welcome to my site!
My name is Jennifer and here before you is the obligatory and awkward introduction post. Welcome to my blog where I’ll share what I’m reading, what I’m loving, honest book reviews, what I’m passionate about, and maybe a bit of original writing.
Fun facts about me:
- I learned to read when I was 3. I thought I could do anything once I learned to read and I was mostly right. Except grow… I’m 5’0
- I went to a small private school and their first library was in the janitor closet. I spent a lot of hours sitting in there reading. I still love the smell of Pine Sol.
- They finally noticed I was spending too much time in the broom closet, I took a test and skipped the 3rd grade. I didn’t find this out until breakfast before my first day of 4th grade. Surprise with a big bowl of Wheaties!
- I’ve spent 20 years in finance a.k.a a male-dominated industry.
- Reading is my escape from work, momming, kid taxi service, and the general WTF’ery of my life.
- My dream job: writing full time with a healthy side of reading and traveling.
- Coffee, water, Diet Coke, and bourbon… in that order (most of the time)
- I have strong feminist tendencies. See: working in my industry and raising a daughter.
- I fight depression, anxiety, and PTSD and believe that no one should struggle alone.
- My husband Steve is amazing and puts up with my book hoarding tendencies in exchange for all the gadgets and electronics he buys.
- We have two beagles, Buddy & Gus, who don’t know how to read but listen to more than their fair share of rants. They will appreciate this new outlet.
- Yes, that is a grey streak in my hair. It’s affectionately known as my unicorn horn around here.
I’m looking forward to sharing more and getting know fellow book lovers!