Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! Today I am listing the top ten settings I would like to see more of in books.
- The historic home of a significant past historical figure. Set in the modern-day.
- Thailand – I have read a few books set there and would love see more book settings that feature the culture, the beautiful surroundings, and the history.
- The theatre – whether it be a company, a physical location, or a particular show, I’m in. I’ve read two books recently that were set in theatres and loved both of them.
- A library – The Library Book was primarily set in the LA Central Library but was non-fiction. I would love to see a fictional book set in an existing public library.
- A current event – Think ripped from the headlines. The border crisis is the first to come to mind. While fictional, the awareness brought could be important if done well.
- A retirement village/assisted living – In my former life I worked primarily with retired folks. Oh, the stories they could tell me about their retirement homes.
- The airport – I could people-watch in an airport all day long. I may or may not make up stories about them too…
- A waiting room – This could be any kind of place people wait. This is another favorite place of mine to watch and make up stories about people.
- A teacher’s lounge – Think the secret lives of teachers.
- Time travel – I am a huge fan of time traveling fiction. I am always excited to see books set across an expanse of time navigated by a group of characters.
Have you read any books set in these locations? I’d love to hear about them and add them to my To Be Read list!
Thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for hosting Top Ten Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.