Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
I was really excited to find Top Ten Tuesday and this is my first go at blogging about a list of all things bookish. This week’s topic is a perfect way to jump in because I love long books. I read plenty of shorter books but 400 + pages is my comfort zone because it that gives me plenty of time to enjoy the book and the characters. Here’s my top 10:
- I Know This Much is True – 897 pages – This was my first long book, not for a grade, and I read it shortly after graduating from college. It was a celebration of sorts because I no longer had to read pages and pages of textbooks. Wally Lamb is still one of my favorite authors.
- Insomnia – 890 pages – Fun fact: I have had insomnia for years and Stephen King managed to turn it into a wide awake nightmare for me.
- The Hour I First Believed – 740 – Another Wally Lamb book that I really enjoyed. I never saw the direction this book was headed until I got there.
- A Little Life – 720 pages – This book is in my top 3 of 2018. It’s heartbreaking and real. I still think about the characters in the book to this day. One in particular: Jude.
- The Iliad – 683 pages – I read this in college and wish I had paid more attention. This is one on my list that I would like to go back and re-read for fun instead of a grade.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – 528 pages – One of the most creative books I’ve read. This is also one of the longer books I have re-read a few times.
- The Pact – 512 pages – I went through a Jodi Picoult phase but I’m only going to include this book in the list.
- The Alice Network – 503 pages – Another favorite that I have read this year. I wasn’t a huge fan of historical fiction until this book.
- Twilight – 498 pages – I read this entire series but I’m only going to include this one. I recently purged and donated a lot of books and this series was one of them. They only need to be read once, IMO.
- Beartown – 418 pages – On the shorter side but one of the most relevant books I have read this year. I read this one in a little over 24 hours.
I have plenty of other long books that I could list but these were the ones that first came to mind. This was a fun trip down Goodreads memory lane!
I’m currently reading The Pillars of the Earth and at 973 pages, it will take the top spot for longest book when I’m finished. So far, I’m really enjoying the writing and the character development.
I read a lot of my longer books during the fall and winter. There’s nothing better than curling up with a quilt, coffee in the morning or bourbon in the evening and reading a good book.
Do you like reading longer books during the fall and winter months?
A lot of these titles are unfamiliar to me, but they do seem interesting!
* TTT: Top 10 longest books I’ve read in 2018 🌻❤🌻❤
That’s what I found so interesting about everyone’s lists. They were all so different. I was excited to add some new long books to my to be read list! 🤓